MATERIAL HANDLING & CIVIL/STRUCTURAL WORKS
The handling of raw materials entails short distance movement within a building or between a building and a transportation vehicle, relying on a wide range of manual, semi-automated and/or automated equipment.
Thus, special considerations on protection, storage and control of materials must be made throughout the manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, consumption and disposal stages.
Furnace Fabrica has involved its Civil and Structural Works team (in Kolkata) to engineer, procure and install these utilities in various projects in the chemical and fertilizer industry, metallurgy, mining, oil and gas, and construction industry. Notable past projects inlude:
- Composite works for Propylene Recovery Unit (PRU) for BPCL-KR
- Construction of Buildings, Roads and associated works for CISF facilities at Irimpanam for BPCL
- Construction of Blast Furnace, Sinter Plant and Coke Plant for Pig Iron Expansion project for SESA GOA LTD.
- Construction of Mathrubhumi Factory Building at Manjummel, Ernakulam District for Mathrubhumi Printing & Publishing Co. Ltd
- Extension to process house at APEP,Aluva (Civil,PH Mech Works) for Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
- Civil and Structural works for upgrading pump stations/terminals of Naharkatiya-Barauni Crude Oil Pipeline (NBPS) including adminitrative building at Guwahati Assam
- Construction of Administrative Buliding to fourth floor of BPCL, Kochi Refinery
- Balance Civil & Structural Works for BPCL, Mahul
Raw material handling:
- 6000TPD of Sulphur Processing Unit for Maroc Phosphore SA, Morocco
- 5900 TPD Copper Smelter based SAP for Sterlite Industries Ltd., India
- 950 TPD SAP for HZL, India
- Construction of 2000 TPD Alumina Calcination Plant at NALCO, Damanjodi
- 1,300 TPD Alumina Calcination Plant and 140 TPH Evaporation Plant at Hindalco, Muri
- Zinc Roaster of 210 KTPA with Waste Heat Recovery Boiler, Gas Cleaning Plant & Sulphuric Acid Plant with Raw Material Handling for HZL, Dariba
- Copper Smelter Plant of 150 KTPA for KCM, Zambia
- 50 KTPA Copper Smelter plant producing LME Grade A cathode copper for Jhagadia Copper, Gujarat