RELOCATION / REVAMPING
Revamping a plant demands changes such as an increase of plant capacity, reduction of gas consumption and emissions, product quality improvement and energy optimization.
Furnace Fabrica assists clients in the following areas vis-à-vis revamp and modernization projects:
- Feasibility study
- Plant Health Study Services: : includes physical health and that of heating and rotating equipment, electrical and instrumentation systems, infiltration, evaporation and material handling systems.
- Debottlenecking : a process of evaluating and identifying areas/equipment that limit a plant’s overall production capacity.
Furnace Fabrica does the following to evaluate the health of the plant:
- Study of Physical Health of the Plant – Integrity of Equipments and Structures.
- Study of Heating Equipments – Preheaters, Heaters, Boilers etc.
- Study of Rotating Equipments – Drives, pumps, blowers etc.
- Study of Electrical and Instrumentation Systems.
- Study of other parts of the Plant including filtration & evaporation systems, material handling systems etc.
Process plants are subject to permanent adjustment pressure for optimization in the areas of:
- New or changing feed materials
- Products and product specifications
- Environmental regulations
- Demands on energy savings
Major optimization targets are, in addition to cost cutting, plant quality and capacity improvements. Revamping ensures:
- Capacity and revenue increases
- Improvement of product quality
- Reduction of operating costs
- Process optimization
- Adaptation of plants to new products as demanded by the market
Some of the notifiable deliverables are as follows:
- Transformational revamp of 2×3500 tpd SAP’s at IFFCO Paradeep
- Debottlenecking and Revamp of Two Calciners for NALCO, Damanjodi, India
- Revamp and Re-construction of floating roof tanks and fixed roof tanks for Galana Raffinerie Terminal, Madagascar
- Relocation of POM plant, South Korea for Tasnee Petrochemical & Industrial Co, Qatar